Friday, July 09, 2010

Mayor Bartlett

Our fearless leader-thingI work in Downtown Tulsa, and I occasionally see semi-public figures wandering around. I didn't *technically* see Mayor Dewey Bartlett recently, but I was near him. I think.

I was chatting with WebSamurai when it happened. Three people came up behind me and walked past us. I saw the backsides of two men in business suits and a lady in a business dress. I didn't think anything of it.

When they were out of earshot WebSamurai said, "Was that Dewey Bartlett?"

Fearless leader has made at least one good choice, I supposeI hadn't seen who the three were, and I said so. WebSamurai said, "I'm pretty sure that's who it was. His assistant was kinda cute, too."

I decided that P-Ziddy needed to know about this. P-Ziddy has a very strong opinion about politicians. If you are willing to put the (R) or the (D) next to your name, then you are worthy of a swift kick in the sock drawer. He's an equal-opportunity political hater. He was the obvious choice.

I sent him an Instant Message. The conversation went something like this:

Jeff: "A Brush With Greatness" (I knew this would get his curiosity up)
Jeff: I was chatting with a guy
Jeff: Dewey Bartlett walked by. (I knew this would make him gag)
Jeff: I'm calling it a brush with greatness, because the female aid walking along with him was HAWT.
P-Ziddy: That's just about as awesome as he'll ever get
P-Ziddy: And could explain the additional money he asked for
Jeff: Indeed.
P-Ziddy: Q) Purpose for Additional Funding?
A) Hot Personal Aid
APPROVED
Jeff: One of the few things (R) and (D) can agree on.
P-Ziddy: Indeed

2 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Tiffany in Topeka said...

Indeed is right! :)

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Michael Damboldt said...

Boy that Was Barlett! You were brushed with greatness. That assistant was very cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home