Friday, June 18, 2010

Pulled Muscle

I've been reading about muscle injuries. It seems that sometimes when you injure a muscle, you know right away. But with many low-impact injuries, you may not feel any pain until hours or even days later.

IronMan! Ha! I couldn't resist.A little over a week ago, my wife was ironing cloths. I had nothing better to do at that moment, so I was there with her chatting.

I was on my back on the bed, with my legs hanging off the edge. I started lifting my legs, tensing up my abdomen. Silly, I know, but it's more exercise than my abs usually get. This lasted 5 minutes, tops.

A couple of days later, I noticed a slight pain in my left inner thigh. I ignored it.

The next day, there was so much pain that I started looking for tick bites. I checked the whole area... no bites, cuts, or burns. I even counted. There were still two.*

Ow... yeah... I landed on my keys...Eventually I figured out the embarrassing truth. While laying on a nice comfy mattress, I stretched out my legs and gave myself a groin pull.

I had no idea I need to do warm-up stretches before I stretch.

One of these days I'm going to hurt myself while breathing. I just know it.

*What? I was talking about hamstrings. Perv.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Well you do have a history of injury there.....

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Well you did say groin pull, not hamstring.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home