Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pseudo Celeb At The Optometrist

So, I went to the eye doctor last week.

I look like Larry King, but I sound *fabulous*!Up first was the young lady behind the counter. She didn't look like anybody famous, but she sounded like one.

" *cough* sorry about mah voice...", she croaked. "allergies..."

"Lady," I said, "You sound like Larry King."

Play your cards right and I'll diagnose you with GlaucomaThe actual eye doctor reminded me of Doogie Howser because he was younger than me. I'm not old enough to have doctors that are younger than me!

"My eye doctor is a few years younger than me. My primary care doctor starts Jr. High school this year. My dentist is a fetus."

Later, I went to the place next door to pick out new frames for my glasses. Jessica Biel stepped up to the counter to help me.

Whoa!Of course it wasn't *really* her, but she was close enough for jazz. Honestly, I was a bit star-struck. I reminded myself that near-celebrities are people too, and pledged to act naturally.

"What can I help you with today?", she asked. And she smiled.

"flaaaaaaahh bliilith faah fwaaaaaa."

I just wish it had more diamondsSensing an easy sale, she directed me to the most expensive frames they had.

I think I'll look good in these, don't you?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Tiffany in Topeka said...

Don't you hate that! I'm noticing that many of my Drs. and now younger than I am as well! Uggh!

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger The Tuba Geek said...

This one time, at band camp, I met a girl who looked just like Danica McKellar. Too bad it was on the last day of camp ... I would have liked the opportunity to get to know her better.

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

I study nuclear science
I love my classes
I got a crazy teacher, he wears dark glasses
Things are going great, and they're only getting better
I'm doing all right, getting good grades
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades,
I gotta wear shades

 

Post a Comment

<< Home