Monday, January 24, 2011

Actually, I Prefer Just "Slash"

At work, we got an email from one of the companies we do business with. It was sent to everybody in our department, and it started out with the greeting:

...or Madam, ... we can't tell...
   Dear Sir/Madam, ...

I wound up being the lucky one to reply with the info they needed. Some time later, they replied again, this time saying;

   Dear Sir/Madam,
   Thanks for your attention and kind response...


They had replied to the entire department, but the response *was* directed at me. It's not like my name is "Pat". *sigh* Those crazy dorks.

All I've ever really wanted was your love
I brushed it off and ignored it. Big Dawg didn't. He came by my desk and said, "If I had a blog, your nickname would be 'SirSlashMadam'."

Ouch.

He hasn't been calling me "SirSlashMadam" in public yet, but when I look at him I can tell he's thinkin' it.

Hurtful.

2 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

SlashAndBurn?

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Hm... SlashAndBurn... that could work...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home