Monday, January 31, 2011

Doo Dah

A broken link! Ha!
I got an email at work from one of our users.

"A blog I saw had a box with a link that was broken."

Well, the site that I work on has some blogs. Some of them even have boxes. But I couldn't find any broken links, so I contacted the user.

"Which blog had the broken link?" "Oh, I don't know."

No idea where the problem is, but still expecting me to fix it. Nice.

I brought M16 in on the situation. He and I looked over things as best we could, but we just couldn't find anything to fix.

I made an observation. "It kinda sounds like a twisted version of a children's song. Check it out..."

"Wave your hands in the air, like you just don't care..."
There's a blog with a box and a link that is broke, doo-dah! Doo-dah!
There's a blog with a box and a link that is broke, oh the doo-dah day!"


Our decent into silliness was complete. M16 and I left the phantom problem unresolved.

5 minutes later I walked past M16's desk. I was singing under my breath, just loud enough for him to hear...

"Doo-dah... doo-dah..."

I kept on walking as he laughed. That way, if anybody asked why he was laughing he'd have to explain it on his own.

I'm like that sometimes.

2 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Blogger Michael Damboldt said...

"the thing on the right"

"No, down."

"On the right?"

"No. Down an over."

"Over where?"

"There."

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger V said...

Sheesh! I though you knew! The only way to resolve a Doo Dah is with a Hokey Pokey! You know...

Put your left code in.
Put your left code out.
Put your left code in and shake it all about....

Coders these days. Always looking for the easy way out. (sigh)

Blogword: dancz

Get your dancz on code monkey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home