Friday, March 11, 2011

Don't Laugh

Ever tell a joke on yourself, and people laugh harder than they should?

Just like a Michael Jackson glove...?
I mentioned a while ago that I've been wearing a wrist brace at work. It's just a simple repetitive stress injury... in fact it doesn't even hurt anymore, I'm just being over-cautious since I seem to break easily these days.

A gentleman I will not nickname was in our office last week, and he saw me with the wrist brace on. "Jeff!," he shouted. "What happened?!?"

There was genuine concern in his voice. I'd be a fool not to take advantage of that. I shrugged and said, "You should see the *other* guy."

Our office visitor literally roared with laughter. "YEAH RIGHT!!!"

I was stunned and honestly a little hurt. I forced a smile and completed the joke, ("The poor guy's *covered* in nerd blood!"), but inside I was thinking, "Man, you didn't have to laugh *quite* so hard at that one."

Wax on... Dork off...
Heck, even P-Ziddy usually isn't *that* harsh.

Is it really so hard to believe that I might have super-secret nerd-ninja skillz of doom?

Actually... maybe you'd better not answer that.

I'm going to have to think up a new story for the next time somebody asks.

2 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger V said...

Possibly brace explaintions -

Leprosy

Facing down a small outbreak of Zombie Squirrels

Home Improvement

Excessive Coffee Intake

Stress fracture of the Ulnar Nerve


Blogword - "angerk", that feeling you get when people laugh too hard at your stupidity.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Hm. Some good choices there... I'm thinking "Zombie Squirrel Outbreak" just might be the big winner. It has a nice ring to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home