Monday, February 28, 2011

Chiropractor

Remember when I mentioned my most recent ailment? Turns out, the pain in my hinder is caused by three pinched nerves in my back.

I spent lots of time last week with a Chiropractor, getting my back "adjusted" (pounded mercilessly) and learning many things about "Posture" (I thought it was a special kind of Greek Salad).

Hulk Adjust L3 Vertebrae!
For most of the week the 'doc would push lightly on my back before going all "Incredible Hulk" on me and pushing so hard my stomach would punch through the table. On Thursday he changed the game plan a bit by putting me on my side.

"Now," he told me, "Let's move this leg over here and this arm over there and pull your foot up and grab your elbow and..."

When he was done I looked like a pretzel. "I'm gonna lean on you here," he explained. Then he more or less climbed up onto the table with me.

I was thinking, "Shouldn't I get dinner and a movie first?..." when the cracking noises started. My spine did a little rendition of the cannon blasts from Tchaikovski's 1812 Overture.

Apparently that's what needed to happen, because the doctor was grinning like a maniac. At least, I *hope* that's why he was grinning.

Wish me luck, the fun starts again today. How many weeks before I'm cured (or he kills me)? Place your bets!



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home