Monday, March 21, 2011

Lumpy

I walked over to OoRah's desk last week to ask him something, but he wasn't there.

To the rest of the office, I gestured at OoRah's chair and said, "Has anybody seen Lumpy?"

I honestly don't know where that name came from. It seemed to be a winner, though... M16 nearly fell out of his chair laughing. Everybody giggled uncontrollably for minutes. When OoRah came back to his desk, Maarek casually said, "Hi Lumpy." OoRah didn't *quite* hear him... you could see the "Naw, I must have just misheard" look cross his face. It was most excellent.

A full day later OoRah appeared at my desk. "Lumpy?", he asked.

I grinned. "Hey, that was the best joke I've had in three days. I'm gonna run with it a while."

I am constantly amazed that he lets me live.

5 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

"Observer as the Lumpius OoRahbicus moves though its natural habitat. Notice the cautious way it steps over the sleeping coders around it, trying not to smash their bones into tiny splinters..."

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Now I'm imagining OoRah as a lumbering giant.

"FEE FIE FOO FUM... I smell the bliss of breakroom donuts... move aside!"

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger V said...

Well, I suppose when you're code monkey stature, even the smallest of men become giants.

My code word is "motsie", which I would suggest is geek moxie.

Jeff has motsie.

It could be a code monkey parasite, though.

Or a communicable disease.

Probably both.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

My moxie is contagious?

Naw, that can't be right...

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger V said...

Moxie? Probably not. Motsie? Do you really want to take a chance on it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home