Friday, July 29, 2011

Screen Time Screen Saver Factory

When I started my current job five years ago, I inherited a pile of instruction manuals and reams of odd documentation. I threw away more than half of it, but then stored the rest in a file cabinet "just in case". I've never opened that file cabinet.

I decided to start going through that cabinet again. The very first thing I pulled out was this:

0

A screen saver instruction manual. Even better, it's got little bookmark tabs in it! Somebody *studied* this thing! I knew I was in for a treat even before I opened it.

And then I opened it. Check out the Serial Number...

0

If you don't know what those first four letters stand for, please do not Google them. It's safer that way.

0

System requirements go all the way back to Windows 3.1! Aw yeah. And it's highlighted! I imagine some previous developer carrying this thing around in his pocket, ready to jump at a moment's notice to *just* the right page. It was his personal printed version of Wikipedia.

0

And he had such nice handwriting, too.

0

At this point I'm starting to wish he'd used a different highlighter color. "Pea Soup Green"... mmmm. Yummy. Pardon me while I go 'urp' in a corner...

So, my "clean out the drawer" project is off to a roaring success. I've moved exactly one item, and I dare not throw it away.

Maybe I should just leave the drawer alone for a while. Again.

1 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Tiffany in Topeka said...

...... W. O. W......

PS - the serial number is awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home