Thursday, September 21, 2006

Don't Try To Finish Mad Dogg's Sentences

In my time here at my "new" job, I've learned a valuable lesson. Don't try to finish Mad Dogg's sentences when he's telling a story. You have no idea.

First of all, if you can imagine it, he's done it. I'm pretty sure he's traded recipes with Martha Stewart, dug an underground tunnel from L.A. to Quebec, and stolen a bolt from NASA. And somehow, some way, his jeep was involved. In every story. It's amazing.

JeepThe other day, he was telling us a story about losing his jeep in the desert in New Mexico. Mad Dogg tells this story far better than I could. It involves burying the jeep in sand, a dead-of-night walk back to civilization, and then following a trail of empty beer cans in order to find the jeep again in daylight.

Once the jeep was freed, he and his friend decided to go to Mexico. This was before 9-11, so the border between countries was more of a suggestion than actual fact. They just decided to find a road and go south, on a whim.

Lemmie out!At this point, Farmer Brown interrupted Mad Dogg and said, "Yeah, and now you'll tell us about how you spent the night in a Mexican prison."

Mad Dogg, totally serious, said - "Wait, I'm comin' to that part."

It's uncanny. It happens every time somebody tries to insert a joke into one of his stories. I am constantly amazed; both at the life he's led, and the fact that he's survived it thus far.

1 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just trying to keep it real...
It amazes me that I have surved as long as I have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home