Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Pizza Crust

Our Back Porch/BalconyA couple of weeks ago, my wife came to me and said, "There's something strange on the back porch."

For those who don't know, we live in a second-story apartment. The back porch is a balcony, which is not accessible from anything other than our back door. If there is something strange on our back porch, then it has wings.

With just a hint of uncertainty, I approached the back door and looked through the blinds (it was dark out). There was indeed an odd shape, right next to the door. Grand. I opened the door, half-afraid that the creature would scurry inside.

Eat MeThere was no such danger. The object on our porch was a pizza crust. It didn't have wings.

After a bit of discussion, we decided it was probably thrown up there by one of the small boys who live in the apartment under us. My wife wanted to just bring it inside and throw it away, but I was feeling juvenile. I pushed it off the balcony, down to the bushes near their apartment one floor down.

The crust bounced off the bushes and hit the side of our downstairs neighbor's apartment at high speed. WHAM! Startled, we quickly ran inside, feeling a bit like small guilty children ourselves.

I Believe I Can FlyThe crust eventually went away. Maybe it had wings after all.

2 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

20 minutes or less...

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger MetaCow said...

???

Max Headroom?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home