Monday, September 11, 2006

Quick Hits From The Weekend

Friday evening
AnchormanThe weekend was off to a good start. We (re-)watched Anchorman. If you like dumb movies, then this thing is awesome. Hilarious. An if you're only a marginal Will Ferrell fan, see it anyway. He's not the only star of this thing.

After Anchorman, we saw the end of the Jenks/Union high school football game. I'm not big on high-school level football as a rule, but this was a good game. Close finish, all that. And just to show how much I actually cared about the outcome... well... I honestly don't remember who won.

Saturday
NCAAMy ongoing project at work, as I have mentioned previously, is to gather college scores and statistical data from a network stream and convert that into something that my company's web site can display. "Up-to-the-minute" scores and stats and play-by-play and such. Well, it wasn't quite up to the minute. It wasn't quite "functional". It's closer, but it's not there yet. Therefore, Saturday was hard.

On the plus side, OSU did win their game. Maybe they'll prove me wrong this year... I sure hope so.

Sunday
On Call!After working most of the day Saturday, and staying up too late... I got a work-related phone call at 4:45AM Sunday morning. *sigh*. The short version... the newspaper is currently "published" online during the wee hours of the morning. A server was down, so the folks who publish the online newspaper couldn't do their jobs. Yay for being on-call!

After being up too late and then having sleep disrupted, my wife and I decided we'd earned a little 'lazy'. So we slept in, and missed church.

NFLAn un-intended bonus of all this... I was home and able to watch the weekend kickoff of the week 1 NFL games!

My fantasy football team was much, MUCH better than I thought they'd be this weekend. I (apparently) won my game easily. My opponent still has players who will be in their games tonight, but my lead is significant. I don't know what to think. I'm used to losing my first 4 games of the season, and then coming on strong. Early success has me flummoxed.

Dad did not win his fantasy game. He made the trade of great WR for so-so RB plus cash, then his team got bit hard by the injury bug.

more to come tomorrow...There's one more story to tell from this weekend, but this post is already longer than I intended, so I'll tell that tale tomorrow. :)

2 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger queen_spoo said...

Dang! Who won the Jenks/Union game? The Redskins better have won! (Union, not Washington...LOL)

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Queen:
the final score
Jenks 9 Union 6

 

Post a Comment

<< Home