Friday, September 08, 2006

I'm Too Young To Be This Old-Fashioned

Free Wi-Fi!Last night, we had the news on. They did a story about Bartlesville - the city is providing high-speed wireless internet access in their "downtown" area.

I think this is very cool. Free Wi-Fi! They interviewed a lady who was sitting on a park bench with her laptop. She said, "If you just happen to be sitting in the park and want to look at e-mail, or you want to find out what the weather is like, get right on the Internet and see." (this quote is in the news article that I've linked to).

Is it hot? Cold? Rainy? Only the internet knows!So... let me get this straight. You're outside. You want to see what the weather is like. You go to the internet? Couldn't you just, oh, I dunno,... look around you?

I love the internet and all, but sometimes it isn't the fastest way to get the info you need.

NFLSide Note: THANK GOODNESS for NFL football. I've already described how busy and challenging this past week+ has been at work (the project I described in this post is still not complete). I needed some football therapy. :)

1 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger queen_spoo said...

"Here's your sign."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home