Thursday, September 07, 2006

An Odd Discovery

This past weekend, my wife and I made an odd discovery in our kitchen. She had just finished emptying out the dishwasher, and the unit was still open. She wandered out as I wandered in. I had a glass that I was going to rinse out and stick in the washer.

So, I pulled out the top tray and put the glass in. As I started to close the dishwasher, something odd caught my eye. Down at the bottom of the machine, under the "arms" that spin around and spray water up, something was out of place. At first I thought that a piece of the dishwasher had broken off and fallen down there. I pulled it out, and discovered the amusing truth.

It was a simple white plastic shower curtain ring, very similar to the ones in the pic on the right. We have no idea how it got there.

We've lived in this apartment for almost 6 months now, and apparently the ring has been there at the bottom of the dishwasher the whole time. It's a very clean shower curtain ring. It practically sparkles.

As buried treasure goes, I have to admit it's a bit of a disappointment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home