Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Senseo Mistakes

SenseoIt's been almost a year since I got my Senseo coffee thingie. It has served me well. But every once in a great while, ya just gotta try something different. Sometimes these periods of experimentation are met with great success. This is not one of those times.

I read several reviews of re-usable filters for the Senseo, which would allow me to use non-Senseo coffee grounds in the machine. There's not a single re-usable filter out there that somebody doesn't hate. Hm. However, more than a few people suggested just taking a regular filter and wadding it up, stuffing it into the spot where a regular pod would go. Hm.

Oh, the hilarity!After careful experimentation, I can promise you nothing but hilarity when you use non-Senseo filters in the machine. For a very liberal definition of the word "hilarity", that is.

SplashThe first time I tried it, the filter wasn't wadded up enough. The machine didn't seal. When a Senseo doesn't seal properly, the term "blast radius" comes into play. There was lots of water to clean up.

Bleh!The second time I tried it, there weren't enough grounds in the filter. Light brown water! Ah, just what the doctor ordered.

The third time I tried it, the filter was wadded up just a tiny bit too loose. Water dribbled around the sides of the machine. Light brown water filled my cup.

SplashThe forth time I tried it, I used too many grounds. When you use too many grounds, the machine doesn't seal, ... you get the idea. Blast Radius. *sigh*

Yuck!I'm just about through the tiny bag of grounds that I bought. Then, I go back to the regular pods. The machine doesn't burp at me when I use regular pods.

2 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger V said...

I've always wondered if the Republic of Tea round baggies would work in a Senseo. It's never been worth my pennies to buy the Senseo to find out. I'll just send you some and let you clean up the mess if it doesn't. :)

V

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Rawk!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home