Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Turtle Races

I shall win!Back in mid-May I wrote about my nephew's stinky turtles. He found them, and insisted that Grandma and Grandpa (my mom and dad) keep them for the Turtle Races in June.

Mom and Dad faithfully kept the foul, stinky critters in a laundry basket in the backyard for two months. The day before the annual Turtle Races, one of them got away.

I shall triumph!After much searching, it was determined that he was officially "gone". Mom and Dad found another turtle at a nearby pond. While they were searching, my sister also found another turtle. So did someone else. My parents had been down one turtle, but ended up with four total by the end of the day.

The Turtle Races arrived. Nephew (7) and Niece (5) both picked a turtle, and went down for the morning "run". Nephew's turtle came in second. Niece's turtle came in last.

I shall overcome!For the afternoon "run", Nephew and Niece grabbed the other two turtles. Nephew's turtle came in second. Niece's turtle came in last.

Well, I used his image, so I may as well link to him...After it was all said and done, Nephew suggested that Grandma should keep the turtles for next year's race. Grandma, who was looking forward to being able to breath on her back porch again, firmly said no. Finally, the saga of the stinky turtles is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home