Thursday, July 19, 2007

Shorties

Hey Little Dude

Wanna buy a stereo?Walking back from lunch earlier this week, I walked past a guy sitting on a park bench in the middle of downtown. He had a big stereo "boom box" sitting next to him.

"Hey Little Dude," he said to me. "Wanna buy a stereo?"

I politely declined as I walked by.

The part that gets me is the "Little Dude" comment. I'm just a hair under six feet tall. It still boggles my mind sometimes that people think of me as "little". Heck, if I could just gain 200 pounds or so, I could play Defensive Line.

Rumblin', Stumblin'...Hmm. 200 pounds underweight.

*ahem*

Perhaps I am a bit smallish.

Paging Joe-Pa

One of my lunch haunts is just on the other side of a Home Depot. While walking through the parking lot the other day, I heard an announcement over their loudspeakers.

Nuts! I'm gonna miss my call!"Joe Paterno, please pick up on line 2. Joe Paterno, please pick up on line 2."

I know I heard the first name correctly. I'm also pretty sure I didn't hear the last name correctly. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home