Thursday, July 26, 2007

Slim

The marker fumes are starting to get to me.My famous "To Do" list on my whiteboard has gone through some changes. I'm on a large-scale project, so all the other line-items have gone away. My one monolithic project is listed with a priority of "1, 2, and 3 - please drive through".

Slim has had a lot of fun with this. He's come by daily to deal with one thing or another, but he'll always pause at my whiteboard long enough to write "Something for Slim" as the second line item.

He loves me? He loves me NOT!A couple of days ago, I modified this line item instead of erasing it. I changed it to say, "Confess love for Slim?". He was greatly amused.

Yesterday, Slim hit us with big news - he has put in his two week's notice. Slim will be moving on to a bigger, better opportunity for him. Obviously, this means a daily distraction will go away. At the same time, we're gonna miss you, Slim!

Out to lunchTherefore, in honor of the occasion, I modified the second line item yet again. It now says, "Take Slim to lunch." It has a priority of 1.

Congratulations, Slim! I don't know exactly when we're going to take you to lunch, but I'm guessing it'll be some time next week.

Oh, and you're paying. ;)

2 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It may be priority 1 but why is it seconfd on the list. And you wonder why I am leaving. Once I gone it better say "We miss Slim"

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

I would happily write "We miss Slim" on the whiteboard, except that I hate to lie in print. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home