Friday, July 20, 2007

How Not To Get A Library Card

Containers of wisdom. Mostly.Last Friday, Big Dawg and I went to the downtown public library to get library cards. Partly we did this to be silly, but partly ... well, OK, it was mostly silly. Still, I can see me using the card every once in a while to check stuff out.

Anyway, they wouldn't give me a library card. The lady at the counter said I looked shifty.

What? Me? You can trust me!"Shifty?" I was incredulous. "You're calling me shifty?"

She went on to explain that she had zero confidence in my willingness to return items. She said I looked like someone who would take and take and take. She said I personified pure greed.

I was stunned. I politely explained to her that while I am not the biggest fan of international copyright laws, I do in fact have a healthy respect for the concept of ownership of physical items. She would hear none of it, though. She called security.

Not in the face! Not in the face!I have been physically thrown out of a library. They scuffed my nice shoes.

*ahem*

Sweet, sweet success!Actually, almost none of that is true. It just sounded more amusing than the truth. I couldn't get a card because I didn't have anything with my current address on it. Big Dawg got his card last Friday, I went back and got mine on Monday.

Ah, comedy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home