Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Make The Hurting Stop

One shall stand, one shall fallI saw the Transformers movie for the first time last night. No, not the live-action Michael Bay version... the cartoon movie.

Your pathetic dialog has no effect on me!I feel like I was punched in the face by an 80's soundtrack. My head still hurts, even now.

Smooth, babyAt one point, for no reason I could discern, Spanish subtitles started showing up. And trust me, it wasn't because I hit a button on the remote. If I'd hit a button on the remote, it would have been "Stop".

All I really want is to be lovedI heard Weird Al Yankovic's "Dare To Be Stupid" at one point in the show. I'm still not sure if I hallucinated it or not.

It eventually ended, and I think the good guys won despite the fact that everybody seemed to die at least once during the proceedings. Hey, at least it wasn't "Lady In The Water." *sigh*

Unrelated Frivolity

Aldo NadiYesterday, the Farmer took offense at the idea that Tiger Woods is the greatest athlete in the world. I have no idea why he thought it was such an important issue, but he did. He informed me that Aldo Nadi was the greatest athlete ever.

Not even Aldo Nadi can save you from me!I have him my best blank stare. "Aldo Nadi was a fencer," the Farmer patiently explained. "He won gold medals, he taught, he wrote a book, he even fought ghouls."

My best blank stare got even better. "What did you say?" "He fought ghouls."

I considered my next statement carefully. "Farmer, ... I think there's a good chance that your favorite athlete is imaginary."

Curse my ears!"Not ghouls! Duels!"

Ah, of course. Curse my ears. I couldn't hear what Farmer was saying, but the 80's music bludgeon came through loud and clear. Bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home