Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter House-Guest

Happy Easter!Obviously, this past weekend was Easter. My wife's best buddy Kat wanted to go to church with us on Sunday, so we invited her to stay with us for the whole weekend.

I like Kat a great deal, because she's such a good friend to my wife. She's welcome at our place anytime. We did have one smallish hurdle to overcome this time, however.

My boss went away on a long weekend trip to visit family. I was gonna be on call. My computers are all in the guest room, where Kat was going to stay. So, it was possible (unlikely, but possible) for me to get a call in the dead of night. Then, I'd have to fire up a computer, with Kat in the guest bed just a few feet away.

I am unrelated to this story. But I'm cute.When informed of this, Kat merrily said, "Oh, it's OK... if you get a call in the middle of the night, just come in and do what you have to do... it won't bother me!"

My wife and I both said, "Riiiiiiiigggghht."

Thankfully, my IT department had a loaner laptop with a wide screen and a wireless connection. Problem solved. And naturally, since I was prepared for a call to happen, there was no call.

Now there's a new problem. I've always wanted a laptop with a wireless network interface, but I've never been willing to spend the extra cash on it. See, there's this house thing we've been savin' up for that's about to pay off... :)

Tempting...Now, I want it more than ever. *sigh* It doesn't take long to get spoiled by toys like that.

Maybe for my birthday this year... since the house will finally be a reality...

1 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Just let us know when it is all good to come over and "break in" your new house! I'll show up with bells on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home