Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Holiday

Let's get festive!Yesterday, I decided to try something I hadn't ever done before. I declared my own holiday. I wrote it up in an email and invited people to come celebrate with me. I sent it out to every person in my department, and one of the departments that I work closely with. I also sent it to a couple of former employees who still work nearby.

My message said:

I'm declaring a semi-holiday today. It's "Jeff-forgot-his-lunch" Monday. It's gonna be big... I can feel it.

I hadn't actually forgotten my lunch... it just sounded better this way ("It's Jeff-feels-like-seeing-how-many-people-will-blindly-obey-him Monday!"). I named a restaurant and a time.

Nobody showed up.

To be fair, I did get no less than 5 emails in reply from folks saying, "Oh, I wish I could, but today I...".

Ooo La-La?Even so, it seems obvious that I work with a bunch of filthy heretics. Oh well... next time I'll have to throw in some dancing girls and see how much interest that draws.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home