Monday, March 17, 2008

Antagonizing My Wife

NOTE: I try not to get political on this blog, because that's a can of worms I just don't wanna open. However, for these jokes to work, you simply have to be aware of the Eliot Spitzer scandal. If you don't know what's going on there, just click the link and read the first three paragraphs.

OK, ready? Here we go...

I have a mission for you...Lightyear stopped by our office to chat last Friday. He pointed a finger at me and announced, "Jeff, I have a job for you this weekend."

I had a feeling I knew where this was going. "You're going to tell me to antagonize my wife again, aren't you?"

Lightyear had a huge grin on his face as he continued. "You look her in the eyes and say, 'Babe, I got bad news for you. I'm Client Number 10.' "

This is not a joke. You can actually buy Client #9 shirts from Cafe Press.I looked up at him. "Lightyear, there's no way I'm gonna do that."

"Why not? Are you too afraid of your wife to pick on her a little bit?"

"First of all," I replied, "yes, I am. Secondly, if I'm gonna make up a story like that, I'm sure not gonna go for number 10. I'd be Client Number 1!"

Lightyear laughed. Then he proceeded to tell me all the horrible things his wife would do to him if he were to pull such a prank. I'd bet anything he tried it anyway.

awww....For the record, the *real* reason I wouldn't pull this prank on my wife is that I love her. And because I hate using somebody else's joke. ;)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reminded of Proverbs 18:6 - "A fool's lips bring him strife, and his mouth invites a beating."

My condolences to his next of kin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home