Thursday, October 22, 2009

Christmas?!?

















My wife's father has started decorating for Christmas.

Wow.

I tend to decorate early, I know. I usually have the lights out a couple of weeks in advance of when my wife will let me turn them on. I get the decorations out of the attic days before the weekend we've picked for putting up the tree. I 'accidentally' leave at least one decoration out year 'round.

But still. Wow.

He's dealing with a bad knee this season, so he was asking my wife's mom how they can get the tree down from the attic. He was clearly implying that she should climb the ladder and get the tree down for him.

She suggested a non-standard use for the ladder. Elevation might be a problem, but it *would* keep the ladder warm.

He now has more than half of his counter-top "knick-nack" items out. The next time his son (or me... *sigh*) is visiting, the tree will come down out of the attic.

With luck, he'll have the house ready for Christmas before Halloween.

Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home