Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Walking In The Cold

We had a company lunch at Spaghetti Warehouse, which is about a 10-12 minute walk from the office. Most folks paired up into cars, but a few of us decided to walk despite the cool temperatures.

Not coolLadyPatsFan and I hit the door and began our journey. We walked about a half a block before she turned to me and said, "Wasn't OoRah going to walk with us?"

I couldn't remember. We debated it for a bit, but it was cold out and neither of us felt like slowing down. We were among the first to arrive. We had been seated for several minutes before OoRah showed up.

"Don't worry," he waved. "I'll catch up."

Missed it by *that* muchLater in the meal, I lifted my glass and missed my mouth. The very vision of grace, I am. Ice cold water poured directly on my crotch. The department head was sitting right next to me. "Sorry," I said. "I have a drinking problem."

While he laughed, something else occurred to me. I looked down sadly. "This is gonna feel *great* once I step out in the cold."

Too bad we don't have those warm-air hand dryers in the bathrooms at work. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home