Friday, December 17, 2010

Dawn Treadin'

My wife and I saw Naria: Voyage of the Dawn Treader last weekend.

It's a pretty good movie by any measure. It also has, as far as I can tell, the coolest sequel name *ever*.

Seriously... before I figured out that "Dawn Treader" was a boat, I had no idea what the title was talking about. It sounds cool while conveying no meaning whatsoever.

Any movie would benefit from having "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" as its Sequel title. Just consider:



GhostBusters 3: Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Admit it. It works. It doesn't mean anything, but it *works*.



Even More Jaws: Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

This voyage will end badly. I went with "even more" because I have no idea how many sequels Jaws has, nor do I care enough to look it up.

But my favorite...



Attack of the 50 Foot Woman Part 2: Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Admit it. You'd pay money to watch this baby on the big screen. I know I would.

5 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger V said...

You're having problems with Mr. Obvious again, aren't you?

Because, while I have read the Narnia books and know that Dawn Treader is a boat name...the movie post has a big effing boat on it.

The movie post IS a big effing boat.

Hello.

Although, on the last poster, it should probably be "Voyage of the Don Treader" in honor of Don Knotts.

My blogword today is static

Which my be the blog version of crikets chirping. Poor sad blog.

Mr. Obvious has left the building.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger V said...

Okay, perhaps I was a bit harsh. The blog suggests terse which isn't quite as bad. :)

You do live in Oklahoma, which is a landlocked state.

So you're probably not familiar with ships and stuff.

Beyond the fact that you lives in the neighborhood of an actual sea port and Oklahoma has more coastline than any other state in the union.

You should get out more.

Take in a movie.

One that perhaps doesn't require a movie poster translation from Mr. Obvious.

Perhaps "Tron Legacy"?

Hint - It's about computers.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

I have incurred the wrath of the V. Most impressive. If she were 50 feet tall, Michael Bay would be filming that "... Part 2..." sequel right about now.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger V said...

More amusement than wrath.

I'm rarely wrathful. It's too much effort and far less entertaining. Of course, as Captain Oblivious, that might have escaped your notice. :)

On the other hand, I'm quite disturbed by the direction the blog has gone. My blogword is "undies".

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Michael Damboldt said...

Jeff McClung and the Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home