Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Foul Language

I was walking out of the office a few days ago when I heard two building maintenance guys talking. I only heard part of the conversation as they walked by. What I heard was perplexing.

"Yes, please."
"Watch your language."

Both guys were just talking, not shouting. They didn't sound angry, but they weren't joking, either.

I have no idea how "Yes, please" could provoke that kind of a response.

I could understand if his phrase had ended with, "... AND your mother!" My mind can fill in *those* gaps.

Mental Note: Building Maintenance folk are offended by common courtesy. Next time I ask one for something I'll have to slap his face and defile his tool belt.

4 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger V said...

Did you consider that maybe they're part of the Wookie Tamers United that has been making use of your freight elevator? That sort wouldn't abide by common courtesy.

The blog agrees, or so it seems. The blogword today is "really"

Who knew.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

You make a *very* good point. I should give them a wide berth.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger MetaCow said...

I'm more disturbed by the possible meanings of "...defile his tool belt."

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Michael Damboldt said...

If you do this, pictures or it didn't happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home