Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Getting The Upper Hand

Web Ninja and Maarek were attempting to have an office discussion. They reached a point of misunderstanding at the phrase, "in the line of fire."

Web Ninja would say, "I can't get out of the line of fire," which (to him) meant that he was going to be responsible for the task that needed to be done no matter his excuse. Maarek would say, "You need to get out of the line of fire," which (to him) was a joking implication that literal weapon fire would be coming.

Either way, I think you're safe
The conversation kept getting louder as each of them wondered what was causing the confusion. "You can get out of the line of fire!" "I can't... no matter where I go, I'm in the line of fire!"

While they bickered, I stepped over near OoRah. "They are using the same words but meaning completely different things. Who do you think is going to snap first?"

OoRah pondered this for a very brief moment. "I don't know. Maarek has all the facts but Web Ninja's got a beard."

"Too close to call, then?" "Yeah."

I know rock / paper / scissors, but I don't know who wins this one.

2 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

Rock, Paper, Beard? Or perhaps Rock, Paper, 9mm. Either way, there will be blood.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

"Either way, there will be blood"

That sounds like an excellent motivational phrase for the day. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home