Monday, April 04, 2011

Fun Phrase

alone in my misery
Maarek and I were talking last week. It was Friday, and it was his turn to have a bad day.

See, all last week, if I was having a good day, he was having a bad one. If he had a good day, I didn't. It was weird.

In any case, I asked him how a particular project was going. He replied, "Today, this project has been filled with horse feces."

That is probably the best executive summary I've ever heard.

We briefly discussed how we traded bad days all week. "I wish we could pass that along to somebody else every now and then," Maarek lamented.

"I nominate OoRah."

OoRah turned at the mention of his name. "Sure," he happily said. "I'll take one for the team."

OoRah's a swell guy.

Maarek got a little giddy. "That's perfect!," he said. "All we need is for you to be our metaphysical karma magnet."

Ready? Here it comes!
Everybody laughed. Then, Maarek's mind started to go to strange places. "Hey," he pondered. "A metaphysical karma magnet would be a great thing to have. You could put it on your refrigerator. It'd be like a mood ring... it would change color... rub it for good luck..."

Maarek's a swell guy, too. Especially when he's all giddy and manic.

Of course, we all learned an important life lesson. Specifically: "Horse feces" is a hilarious phrase to say out loud.

Try it!

2 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

Please don't rub your karma in public. I may spray horse feces all over the place.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Tempting fate in that manner is so wrong, on so many levels. *chuckle*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home