Monday, March 28, 2011

Two, Short, Mildly Amusing

It was kind of a long week last week, so I don't have much for you. Here's a couple of short stories... I couldn't quite make a full post out of either of them. :)

OW! Why does it do the burning?!?
Injury Count

I learned that I don't have to have actual coffee to wake up in the morning. Burning my hand on the coffee pot works just as well. *That* was a fun morning.

Later that day I was talking to Scruffy about all my recent ailments. Scruffy thought about it for a while and then said, "You know, ... I don't remember the last time I hurt myself badly."

I laughed. "You don't remember the last time you had a major injury, and I don't remember how many I've had this week."

Can You Help Me With... Never Mind

OoRah came over to my desk. "I need your help with something," he said.

OoRah didn't get very far into his problem description when inspiration hit him. "...and I can't do *that* because... or maybe... actually, I *could* do this instead..."

Life was simpler when everybody used stone tablets
I didn't have to say a word, and the problem was fixed. "Never mind!", he said. "Thanks!"

A few minutes later, I hit a problem that I needed help with. I wandered over to Big Dawg's desk. I didn't get very far in my problem description before inspiration struck. "...see, I can't do *that* because... or maybe... actually, I *could* do this instead..."

Big Dawg didn't say a word, and the problem was fixed. "Never mind!", I said. "Thanks!"

I worked for another 15 minutes before I realized what had happened. I went over to OoRah's desk and told him about my conversation with Big Dawg. "I was just on both sides of the same conversation in a 5 minute span!"

What can I say? It was hilarious at the time. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home