Friday, August 05, 2011

Yo

I got screwy idea one day. I started kicking around the idea that most phrases can be made humorous (or even hilarious) by adding "yo" to the end.

I tried it out a few times...
  1. "May the force be with you, yo."
  2. "It's only a flesh wound, yo."
  3. "In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth, yo."
  4. "Do not remove under penalty of law, yo."
  5. "Can't stop the signal, yo."
  6. "Good night and Big Balls, yo."

It seemed to work well enough, so I posted it on my Facebook wall and asked others to contribute. I figured if I was lucky I'd get enough responses to do a "top 10" sort of thing.

The responses were mighty, and were many more than 10. Here's a sampling:
  1. My name is Inigo Montoya, yo.
  2. To infinity and beyond, yo.
  3. You have the right to remain silent, yo.
  4. To the Batmobile, yo.
  5. Domo arigato, yo.
  6. It's Friday, Friday, yo
  7. Don't make me pull this car over, yo.
  8. Don't call me Shirley, yo
  9. That's what she said, yo.
  10. Whip it ... Whip it good, yo
  11. He's dead Jim, yo.
  12. Yo!, yo.
  13. Make it so, yo
  14. do re me fa so la te do, yo
  15. Do or do not, there is no try, yo.
  16. Four score and seven years ago, yo
  17. Ho Ho Ho, Yo
  18. What in the name of Sir Isaac H. Newton happened here, yo?
  19. What's up Doc, yo.
  20. Dewey Defeats Truman, yo.

H'ray for Friday nonsense!

Add more in the comments if you like. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home