Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Penguins










Last Friday was the end of the world. Again. I guess. At any rate, that led to this discussion with ICanSpell...

----------------
ICanSpell: Any end of world or rapture type things happening there?

Me: Naw, just some wing'ed demons.

ICanSpell: That was just Big Dawg.

Me: Big Dawg is a flightless wing'ed demon.

ICanSpell: Like a penguin of the underworld?

Me: Absolutely. Also, this is the point where the conversation must be shared with Big Dawg. I think he'll find some joy in the title, "Penguin of the Underworld".
----------------


So, I shared the conversation with Big Dawg, who replied...

"I like sushi. Tuxes are cool. Demons and the underworld are not for me, nor do they represent me. Angelic Penguin of Happiness is much more appropriate."

Naturally, his cubical nameplate was altered. Instead of "Smarty Pants Programmer", his title now reads "Angelic Penguin of Happiness".

On a related note, it's stunning how many images come up when you do a Google images search for "Evil Penguin". Very few of them are the Batman villain. Amazing.

2 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

I call dibs on using "Penguins of the Underworld" for my next band name.

Now that I think of it, Angelic Penguin Porter would make a decent beer name.

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous icanspell said...

It'd have to be some kind of ice beer...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home