Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Almost A Winner

OoRah approached me with a glum look on his face. "Bad news."

I had a suspicion about this, so I made a guess. "You didn't win the lottery."

OoRah nodded. "Now I can't buy you a car."

I was touched by his theoretical generosity, and little burned by his glaring failure. "I'll make a note to verbally berate you later. I'm just not feelin' it right now."

OoRah sighed heavily. "I don't understand... it was 245 million. That's exactly how much I feel like I should have won."

I felt a sympathetic tug at my heartstrings. It was glass-half-full time. "Well, on the positive side, you don't have to quit your job."

He nodded. "True. Now I've got a reason to get up in the morning."

And now it was time to tow the company line. "We provide your life with meaning. You're welcome."

I'm not sure he believed me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home