Friday, May 25, 2012

Step Seven. Ish. Still. Kinda.

Not a whole lot of progress this week. I did get the rear thrusters glued on...

Not bad. I'm holding off on the paint job, though. I've learned that with acrylic paints, you really shouldn't try to clean the brushes by simply soaking them in water. I think this is why the black paint on the base stand turned out so bad. Also, the wood handles of my brushes soaked up a lot of water and then split open like old fireplace logs. Oops.

So... I need some new brushes. Again. Heh.

I did manage to get Andy ready for his close-up, though.

Not bad. Not perfect, but I'll take it.

I had a feeling about this next decal. First, I figured it would be difficult, and second, I figured it would look stupid. It *did* make for an excellent test to see if I know what the heck I'm doing with those decals...

Nope. I have no clue what I'm doing with those decals. Excellent.

So, Andy is faceless again. Frankly, he's so small that it won't matter. I hope I figure out how to do this and make it look good before I get to the bigger ones.

Wish me luck...



Post a Comment

<< Home