Friday, May 04, 2012

Step Three!

An update on that Starfury model I've been working on...

Last week, I made it all the way to step 2. This week, I conquered step 3. Yeah, only one step. But in my defense...

... step 3 does cover two whole pages. There's even an arrow on the second page three that points to a piece it calls, "Completed assembly from step 3." But we're still on step 3. I think. Between the instructions and the glue fumes, I can't really be sure of much.

I did manage to glue on enough bits that the thing is starting to take shape, which is obviously pretty nice.

On a whim, I checked eBay. I found my model on sale for 50 bucks. A few days later, I checked again. I found my model again, this time for 63 dollars.

Holy buckets. If I hadn't opened mine up ... wow. I don't remember what I paid for it, but I'm sure it wasn't more than 20.

Anyway, I also painted the cockpit.

The instructions say, "Metallic Gray". I used "Metallic Gray". In real life it doesn't look quite as blue as it does in the picture, but I'm still not sure the final product will be dark enough look right. I'm a little concerned.

Also, I really need to figure out how to squeeze that "model cement" tube without having huge streams of glue pump out. I keep having to open up windows to let the hallucinations out.

Glacial progress continues! Next week... step 4! Maybe!



Post a Comment

<< Home