Wednesday, November 14, 2012

O-State Football Game

Last weekend, my wife and I got to go to the Oklahoma State vs. West Virginia football game with my dad, my oldest nephew (12) and niece (10).

Behold... the Cowboy marching band, hiding behind a curtain of flags:



Niece and Nephew had a great time, despite the fact that Nephew is actually an OU (University of Oklahoma) fan. He was all decked out in orange, hooting and shouting and loving every minute.

Well, *most* minutes... Then we ran across these wonderful little "Just Say NO" shirts. For some reason, they were not available at any official merchandise stands. *cough* *cough*

Niece and I both got one. Nephew shook his head sadly.

I was treated to a "Rapid-Fire Nephew Comedy Moment". It went something like this:

"Uncle Jeff, what's green and smells like red paint? Green paint."
"Want to hear a dirty joke? A white horse fell in the mud."
"A magician was driving down the street, and then he turned into a driveway."

I love that last one. Very clever.

The wind was swirling like crazy inside the stadium. Bits of trash were constantly being caught in the wind and blown across the field. Niece and Nephew made a game of it for a while. "There's one! There's another one! The ref is chasing that one!"

I spoke up. "I haven't seen this much trash on the field since the last time I saw OU play." I got the stink-eye from my nephew. :)

Concession stand drinks came in souvenir cups that say "2011 Big 12 Champs - 2012 Fiesta Bowl Champs". Very cool. As we left, Dad told the kids, "Go grab a couple of those cups that people left in the stands."

"A couple" of cups rapidly turned into a stadium-wide scavenger hunt. Dad finally yelled at them to quit, but not before they had gathered up 80 cups.



That stack is only 15. That's what my wife and I brought home with us. 65 more went home with the kiddos. Gramma and her dishwasher were not amused.

The little treasure hunters also found a poster and a sticky soda-soaked foam finger. Naturally the "Uncle Jeff hold this!" came before the "Oh and be careful because it's sticky."

We had a great time. It won't be too long before middle nephew (currently 6) will be old enough to join us, too.

Good times. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home