Monday, June 18, 2007

Shorties, Part 1

Stop! Thief!

Hey! Come back here!Today is Powerama's first day at work here! I shamelessly stole him away from his (our) old employer to a better land.

And this isn't the last one. Mid-week of next week, Big Dawg starts. I'm excited. It feels like I'm pulling people from a burning building.

Birthday Gift

About 2 weeks ago, a family friend dropped by my mom's house and gave her two square pieces of particle board. "It's for your grandkids," she explained. "They can lay on the living room floor and use these as bottoms for their coloring books."

Mom thanked her. Later, the kids came by for Gramma and Grampa to baby-sit. Mom handed the particle board pieces to them. "These are for you to color on," she explained. 5 minutes later, the kids were done. They colored on the boards themselves.

Me, back when I had hair.That same day, Mom mentioned to them that Uncle Jeff's birthday was coming up. "Oh," the kids said, "Well, we'll just give him these for his birthday."

Therefore, among my birthday gifts are two squares of particle board (about 18 inches square), with kiddie drawings on them. The one that Niece drew has a figure with very large hair. She says it's me. I complimented her on her ability to see into my past.

Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer

Oddly enough, the 60's happened on my planet, too.We saw this movie over the weekend. 'Twas quite good. I would say that it's better than the first Fantastic Four movie.

If nothing else, this movie has the absolute best of Stan Lee's cameo appearances. It's magnificent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home