Wednesday, August 15, 2007

What Story?

Tiny CubicleBefore we get started, it should be noted that there is a cubical wall between Farmer and I. He and Big Dawg can see each other, but neither of them can see me unless I lean forward considerably.

And now, on with our story.

Code Monkey loves you!One day last week I was happily coding like the good monkey I am, when I decided that I needed some music to make the afternoon go faster. I popped in my earbuds, and a full-scale rock concert broke out. Suddenly, instantly, "Background Noise" died un-noticed and un-mourned.

After a while, I became vaguely aware that Farmer was talking. I assumed he was talking to Big Dawg, so I ignored what little I could hear and kept working.

20 minutes passed.

*giggle*A funny thing popped up on my computer screen. It probably was a funny story or link that somebody sent me. I don't remember what it was, I just remember that it made me chuckle out loud.

Out of nowhere, I heard Farmer laugh and shout, "Yeah, I know!" As I looked over his direction, I saw him walking away from his desk toward mine.

I popped out my earbuds. "Yes?"

He stopped, his face suddenly surprised. "Oh," he said, "I thought you were laughing at my story."

Me so silly!I leaned forward to look at Big Dawg. He had his headphones on, also.

Er.... whoopsie. Sorry about that, Farmer. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home