Monday, August 13, 2007

More Talon-y Goodness

I will pound you into submissionLast weekend, my wife sent me outdoors to take out the trash. When I got back, she asked me how hot it was outside (she was hoping for "unbearable", which would have been an improvement over the flat-out dangerous heat we've been having).

I told her, "When I first stepped out, I thought that a cold front had come through." Her eyes sparkled with doubt and hope. I continued, "... but then I realized that it was just the heat making me hallucinate."

Ugly CouchI got to sleep on the couch some this weekend.

I also got to go see the Tulsa Talons play in their second playoff game this season! We wound up with 4 freebie tickets, so we gathered up Scruffy and went to the Downtown Arena.

Terrible TowelI think they are / were trying to start something similar to the Pittsburg Steelers' "Terrible Towels". Every seat had a white towel (hand-towel sized) on it, emblazoned with the logos of the Talons and a handy sponsor. However, I don't think the crowd quite understood. Nobody was waving the towels in the air. Everybody was holding their towel in their lap, or had just let it fall to the floor. It was amusing.

In any case, I wound up with 4 of them. One will hang as decoration at my desk, the other three will be given to The Golfer, The Farmer, and Big Dawg. None of them are big Arena Football fans, so really it's more of a prank than a gift.

Incredible PizzaThere was also a promotion during halftime where some guys from Incredible Pizza threw little plastic footballs into the stands. One bounced right off me and fell down to the next row, where a pack of ravenous kids lept on it and torn it into tiny pieces. I was heartbroken. But Scruffy caught one, and gave it to me.

I ended up with 4 towels and a plastic football. I like to think of it as my "swag". And no Arby's gift card. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home