Monday, March 31, 2008

Go Diego, Go!

Yesterday, we traveled to my sister's house to celebrate my youngest nephew's second birthday! Can you say, "Chaos?" I knew you could. :)

I promise, in real life this boy has facial featuresFor me, the very best part of the whole evening happened early on. I was out in my sister's front yard, and little Nephew saw me and came running. He jumped into my arms without hesitation and gave me the best little hug he could manage.

Uncle Jeff needed a minute before he was able to speak clearly again. It was a special moment. :)

One of nephew's mostest favoritest gifts was a big battery-operated jeep. Nobody's ankles were safe. He had no idea how to steer the thing and no clue why it sometimes went in reverse instead of forward. But everybody was watchin' him doing whatever it was he was doing, so he was happy.

Vamos, Diego! Esto es INS!I was desperately amused by the logo on the hood of his little jeep. By now we're all used to seeing Spanish translations on many of the products we buy, usually in small print under the big English words. This was the first time I'd seen Spanish so prominently displayed on a children's toy... check out the pic to see what I mean.

Dig it!I also got to show off my Vibe to my oldest nephew and my niece. It was classic... we walked out into the yard toward my car. Nephew shouted out, "I bet it's RED!" We got up close to the car, and both kids shouted, "Yay! It's RED!" Then they turned and ran back to the house. I had my keys in my hand and everything... but all that mattered to them was the color. I should have guessed.

Happy Birthday, little Nephew! I had a grand time celebrating it with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home