Monday, August 16, 2010

One Last Question

Web Ninja was having a bad day. He was trying to work on a project. He kept running into questions, and having to call me.

Fierce!
Fierce!

Respected!
Respected!

Addicted to catnip!
Addicted to catnip!
That meant that I was having an interesting day, also. Every half-hour or so my phone would ring. It wasn't a big deal, but it was getting kinda predictable.

Mid-afternoon, the phone rang again. I made a mark on my tally sheet... 61 calls so far. Then I picked up the phone.

"I promise this is the last question I'm going to have today."

I nodded and wrote down the time.

Later, my phone rang again. I looked at the clock. It had been exactly 30 minutes since the last call. I grinned and picked up the phone.

"Since I know that you don't have any more questions, I have to assume that you're calling to compliment me."

There was a stuttering sound on the other end of the phone. "Uh... you rock?"

"Excellent," I responded. "Your offering has been deemed acceptable." I hung up.

I think I may try calling Web Ninja every half hour or so today. It sounds fun. :)

3 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys really need new name tags, it would be fun

Em

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

It has been a sincere temptation, more than once. :)

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Michael Damboldt said...

I'm hoping this isn't who I think it is. If so, I blame M-Dog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home