Monday, August 02, 2010

Department Lunch

We celebrated some birthdays in our office by having a big department lunch. I love these things... I almost always end up with some good stories from them.

It's been a while since I wrote about these big fellas ... it's not much, but here's a link
Up first in the parade of goodies are "Large" and "In Charge". There was a sharpie over by the paper cups, and Large used it to write his name on his cup. No one else bothered.

I was near the end of the line, so when I grabbed a cup I also grabbed the Sharpie. I wrote "Not Large" on it. Despite the lack of my actual name, there was no problem identifying my cup.

Be afraidLater, while I was seated, "In Charge" walked by. He's quite a big guy, so it *should* have surprised me when he stomped on the ground and thrust his hand in my face. He even shouted, "AHA!" while grinning wildly. Instead, I was so impassive that I didn't even blink.

"You need to get your reflexes checked," he said. I turned, pretending to just notice him. "I'm sorry, did you say something?"

SWoaN nearly fell out of her chair laughing.

But the best... oh my, the BEST... that would be the Genius. He more or less sat on the birthday cake.

Do you remember the Genius? He's worth remembering. Check out his little old lady impression and his bad mind reader gag.
What happened is that the Genius stood near the table that had the sheet cake on it. He turned around and bent over for something. He moved slightly side to side while rummaging for whatever. In the process, he managed to wiggle his hinder against one corner of the cake, destroying it.

His rump was covered in red icing. He had to un-tuck his shirt so he could cover the evidence.

The Genius left the party for a few minutes. Somebody looked around and asked, "Where's the Genius? Is he afraid to show his... face?"

Just like this, only on his BUTTWhen the Genius returned to the room, we all applauded for him. The shout-outs were glorious.

"Enjoy the butt-cake!"
"No butts about it!"
"Let's make him the butt of all our jokes!"

I can't wait for the next department lunch. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home