Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Shorties, Part 2

Frisbee Mutt

Rawooff!My parents have a small-ish dog named Gus. Gus is a good boy who really enjoys chasing his Frisbee. He also really enjoys air conditioning. Last weekend while visiting my folks, Nephew threw the Frisbee for Gus. Gus chased it out into the yard, then took it inside with him. He proceeded to look as pathetic as he could, begging us all to come inside where it was cool.

Once inside, Nephew was instructed to only toss the Frisbee into the open area of the living room, and to toss it very gently. That way, Gus could play catch, and not run into anything (or anybody).

Nephew tossed the Frisbee so gently that it didn't really go anywhere. "Rawooff!" Gus launched himself at the moderately airborne Frisbee. It was still only about 3 inches in front of Nephew.

Once we picked Nephew up off the floor, he was pretty content to just let Grandpa play fetch with Gus.

Jeff McClung, International Blog Star

That's right, I'm now famous across the big pond! For a very liberal definition of the word "famous", of course.

You must click... the full pic is priceless!According to Google Analytics, somebody in Thames Ditton, Great Britain, found me by searching for "Kim Jong Costume". Specifically, they found this moment of greatness from Boy Wonder - Master Of Disguise.

So here's a shout-out to my one good (fleeting?) friend in Thames Ditton! Hope you found what you were lookin' for.

Slinky

Help! I've been pushed!A friend shared this thought late last week. It was so good, I wrote it on my whiteboard for all to enjoy. I may be paraphrasing slightly, but here goes:

"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs."

Quite so, quite so. :)

5 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger V said...

Wow. You got really close!

It should read: Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they bring asmile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

icanspell will ding you for the misplaced apostrophe later. :)

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, now. It *is* icanspell, not icanpunctuate. Icanpunctuate is a little long, don't you think? Just for the record, I can punctuate. I can even make plural words out of singular words without using punctuation. It's like a super power. On the other hand, if I told people about their punctuation and spelling issues every time they happened, I'd be a very busy person. Also, I'd likely be pushed down stairs. Punctuate as you like; I declare a free punctuation day.

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

H'ray! I c'an stick'em all o'er the place!!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Thanks, V - I've updated the quote on the story.

A'nd tha...ks, icanspell: I`m g.on"na; punc,tu'ate lik!e 'a ma.dm.an!

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It took nearly 25 years, but I'm finally known internationally! Yeah for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home