Thursday, August 23, 2007

Are You Ready?

It is *so* on!Football season is HERE!, baby. A group of us had our Fantasy Football draft last night. I got "He Of The Many Commercials", Mr. Peyton Manning. Optimism is high right now. I am pleased.

By the way, even if you're not a football fan, check out this video. It's worth it. It's a riot.

Also of note: About a week ago, I used my shiny new library card to pick up the first Harry Potter book. I read it pretty quickly (I've never read any of the Potter books).

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's StoneMy wife expressed an interest. She generally doesn't read very fast. But it's a short book and I had almost two full weeks left before the book had to go back. No worries!

A day and a half later, she finished the book. She asked me if I was going to check out the second one. I told her I wouldn't check it out right away, I'd rather have a little time in between each book.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of SecretsThe next day, she told me that she'd gotten a library card of her own.

The next day, she told me that she'd requested the second Harry Potter book.

The next day (yesterday), she had picked it up.

We're now reading Potter 2. :)

2 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Next week, when you need book 7 and it is all checked out.... I have it.....

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger queen_spoo said...

Funny! I've seen all the Harry Potter movies thus far, but hadn't read the books. I found two copies each of Books 1 and 2 at work when we were renovating, and started reading about halfway through book 1, but I find my time is so crunched I don't read like I used to and was taking forever to finish it. So I decided to take advantage of my commute time (18 miles to work one way), and have started checking out the audio CD's. (I have shiny new library cards for Arlington and Fairfax Counties both) They're still quite popular, even though the series is over, according to the librarian info ladies who told me they're being checked out again--books and audio--because people want to re-read/listen to them beginning to end. So I was #16 on the waiting list for the first book, and checked out #2 while it was available. I'm now listening to disc 3 of the Chamber of Secrets (#2). I suppose I'll be on another waiting list for Prisoner of Azkaban... *sigh* They are engaging books, regardless of your opinion about the "magic" in them. I particularly like the performer on the audiobooks, he changes voices and it's like a little radio play. That's funny that we started the series at about the same time. Aren't libraries great?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home