Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Random Bits Floating On The Wind

Once again, I am writing this *way* too late at night. You'll have to forgive any faulty logic, bad metaphors, or disturbing imagery you might run across. Then again, you *are* reading this blog. I assume you are immune to at least a little bit of that stuff.

Anyway, I mentioned some time back that I got a library card. I recently did a search on the Tulsa Library website for Authors named "Yankovic". The search was successful, and I zero'd in on Weird Al's old "Dare to be Stupid" album.

Dare To Be Stupid!I was overjoyed! I used to own this album, but I haven't heard many of those songs in a decade or more. I clicked the "Reserve" button so I could check out the CD.

Turns out, I am the 10th person to request it. Even if every person in front of me skips out on his reservation, the album still goes to the "Hold Desk" for a week before they give up and move on to the next guy on the list. At this rate, I'll have the album in my hands again sometime next year.

Oh well, I've waited this long...

Short Timer called me yesterday, looking for a phone number of one of us former co-workers of his. I joked, "Hey, you lazy bum, you haven't shown up here at work in months!" He laughed and agreed. Then I said, "Then again, I guess I could say the same thing about the 2 months *before* you put in your notice."

Well, I never exactly claimed to be the sensitive type.

Finally, a Bloom County flashback. I was re-reading an old Bloom County book I have, and came across this strip. The main character (a penguin) has been knocked unconscious and is hallucinating about life 20 years in the future. The comic was written 20 years ago. So this was a "vision" of the future. Click into it to see just how different his vision was from our reality:

Bloom County, by Berke Breathed

Just so I'm being fair to everybody involved, here's Berke Breathed's website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home