Thursday, April 03, 2008

Panic!

Earlier this week, a man walked into my office. He was an older gentleman, white hair, white beard. He walked in full-speed, full of purpose, confident in his destination.

Whoops!About three steps into the office, all of that bravado evaporated in an instant. The look on his face was one of total panic. His eyes bulged out, he gasped in surprise, and then he turned and ran out the door.

I can only assume that he walked in the wrong door, realized his mistake, and then corrected it. But the look on his face was stellar. The panic was total and complete. It was the kind of look you'd expect on the face of somebody who's just seen their favorite puppy explode.

Put that thing back where it came from, or so help me!It was similar to the time that a guy nearly fell into my office face-first. I guess the door here is cursed or something.

In 2 or 3 weeks, we'll be moving our offices to another floor in the building. We'll even have windows. That will likely eliminate the random human invaders. But I'll probably have to start worrying about birds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home