Friday, August 12, 2011

KHAAAAAANNNNNN...

Piiiiiiiii!!!!!
A couple of months ago, I discovered The Khan Academy. That site is awesome. Free online math videos. The guy speaks plain English and has videos covering everything from Pre-Algebra up to Differential Equations.

I decided to challenge myself a bit and re-learn some of the math I've long forgotten. I started at the "Core Algebra" section, which I didn't figure would be too hard.

‎(x + a)² =
x² + 2ax + a²
Ha. I have forgotten MUCH. Wow. I made it though Calculus in college, and I swear I've never heard of the Quadratic Equation until a few weeks ago. My high school Algebra teacher has much to answer for.

Anyway, I was talking to Scruffy about the Khan Academy. "I think I only remember about 10% of the Algebra I used to know," I confessed.

Scruffy got a far-away look in his eyes, like he was thinking about his first kiss. "Math Memories" were making his heart flutter. "Wow," he lovingly pondered, "I think I remember how to calculate a differential..."

Simple... right?
I blinked a few times. "Unless you're talking about the gears in a car, I have no idea what you're talking about." There was an awkward pause. "OK, OK,... even *if* you're talking about the gears in a car, I have no idea what you're talking about."

Have a good weekend, and try not to divide by zero.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home