Friday, March 30, 2012

Happy Saturday?













I woke up last Friday and rolled over in bed. My wife said, "Aren't you getting up?"

"No," I mumbled. "It's Saturday."

There was a garbled semi-conscious "Yes it is," / "No it isn't," argument. After a few rounds of that, I finally woke up enough to take the next step. "Let me check my phone."

I pushed a button and the display lit up. It said, "Friday March 23rd."

"Well nuts," I said. "The phone's wrong, too." "You forgot to set your alarm!" "But it's Saturday." "No, it isn't!"

I was eventually evicted from the bed and forced to go to work. All day long I swear it felt like it should be Saturday. I told my co-workers, "I'm pretty sure this is all an elaborate prank on your part."

When she left for the day, SpanFan stopped by my desk. "Tomorrow actually *is* Saturday," she assured me. "I dunno... I've been lied to about that before."

Saturday morning my alarm went off. I must have thought it was Friday.

Here's hoping that this weekend is less confusing.

Happy... uh... whatever day this is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home