Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pseudo Celebrity - George Jefferson

Movin' on upOK, so his *real* name is Sherman Hemsley. Like you would have known that. I wouldn't have known it if not for the glory of Wikipedia.

Anyway, I saw an older version of George Jefferson on the walk between my office and the parking lot. He had a permanent smile, unlike his fictional counterpart. I nodded and said, "Hi."

"It's a beautiful day!", he shouted. Actually it was overcast and gloomy. Cold drizzle-rain was covering my glasses. Despite this evidence, I nodded. Nearly-George looked like his happiness might have been influenced by some kind of hallucinogenics, so logic and reason probably weren't going to affect his outlook much.

"It is," I lied. "Have a good day."

His face, already a temple of absolute joy, lit up even more. "Oh, I'm retired!", he yelled. "I'm gonna go have some fun!"

He was walking in the direction of a night club. It was 8:30 AM.

I don't know what kind of fun is available at a seedy night club on a rainy morning, but I hope he found it.

=====================

History of sightings:
John Ratzenberger.
John Belushi.
Charlie Chaplin.
Sammy Davis Jr.
Sherlock Holmes.
Carol O'Conner.
Charles Barkley.
Hurley.
Al Sharpton, Hurley (again), Santa.
Drew Barrymore, John Cleese, Richard Simmons, Amanda Plummer, Jack Black.
Rainn Wilson.
  Cousin Itt, Corpse Bride.
Samuel L. Jackson, Dick Cheney.
Emma Thompson.
Selma Blair, Wolf Blitzer.
Michelle Ryan
Dr. Phil McGraw.
Shrillery.
John Voight.
Don Rickles.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home